Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I get sole custody of my child?

Q: The father of my child has given me 15 days to evacuate his home due to a Marshall's order of foreclosure but he has filed a order of protection against me for him and our child but our child is in my custody. will that affect me as far as keeping my child with me until the court date. I just received the order of protection today I am the Sole Provider for our child.

A: David's Answer: If the court issued an order of protection that you "stay away" from the child, then you must immediately goto Family Court to contest that order. Otherwise, you must immediately give up custody of the child to the father. If the order does NOT contain a "stay away" provision, however, then there is no need to give up custody - but you should proceed to file a custody petition with the Family Court anyway. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions