Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

(Family court ). Can I be taken bk to court for child support after she missed her first court date because we settled out of ct

Q: The mother of my child was going to take me to court for child support. We ended up unofficially settling out of court. So she never showed up for her court date and it got dropped. Now she wants more money can she take me back to court

A: David's Answer: In short, yes. "Unofficial" or informal agreements are unenforceable, thus she can always ask for a guidelines order thru the court. This time, if you're going to "make a deal," do it in court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions