Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Exit an Agreement with a Divorce Lawyer

Q: My divorce is final for months but my lawyer keeps contacting me (and charging me every time) for instance asking for another retainer to do a 401 investigation. Also being charged for things that they said I wouldn't be charged for.  Is sending an email to exit our agreement enough?

A: David's Answer: If you wish to discharge your attorney, you must sign a "Consent to Change Attorney" form - which is usually drafted by the Attorney. If you are disputing fees, you can file a request for fee arbitration.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions