Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Ex stopped taking our child to therapy ordered by the court

Q: My ex stopped taking our child to therapy. Our orders state that she and I both have joint legal custody and must make medical decisions together. My ex refuses to discuss why she removed our child. I spoke to the psychiatrist who said that she tried to reschedule the cancelled visits but my ex will not return the psychiatrist calls. The psychiatrist recommends my child continue therapy. Can I file that my ex is not following the order?

A: David's Answer: First, I'd advise to send a "default notice letter" - more specifically, correspondence which notes the apparent violation & requests an explanation. If she either ignores same, or provides an insufficient excuse, file your petition. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions