High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Did I lost my rights as a parent ?

Q: I wrote a letter saying I couldn’t provide for my child so my child father can put him on his welfare case to get more food stamps and my sons farther trying to tell me I gave up my rights to him

A: David’s Answer: You cannot “lose your parental rights” merely by giving informal custody to the other parent. If there’s any issue of custody or visitation, then you always have the right to file a petition in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge