Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can someone other than either spouse contest a divorce?

Q: For example, if a husband and wife agree to an uncontested divorce, splitting up marital property as they see fit, can the husband's adult child from his previous marriage get involved in any way to try to get more from the wife's estate for her father if she feels he's not getting what he should?

A: David's Answer: No, the adult child would not have legal standing, unless the father is legally incompetent. The adult child (assuming s/he's also a child of the wife)may have independent estate rights in the mother's estate which would be unaffected by the divorce. Thus, s/he may wish to consult an estate attorney and/or a White Plains Divorce attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions