Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my child's father be held in contempt if he's violated every court order?

Q: My child's father has been the petitioner in every court hearing.Yet, he never follows through. On numerous occasions, he has not picked my child up for visits. Now he's looking to get custody of my child,Due to a brief displacement i went through.What are the chances he'll be granted a modification of custody?

A: David's Answer:
He can't be held in contempt for not visiting your child, as visits are his right, not his obligation. This would otherwise be grounds to modify the order, however, as for his chances at custody, one would need to know what you mean by "displacement," as well as assess numerous factors which bear on custody. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions