High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can judge change an order if no jurisdiction but enforces it?

Q: Judge denied jurisdiction on my out of state order but granted enforcement of visitation of the order so my question is can the judge change the visitation in the order if there is no justification. So let’s say they give me supervisor visits and not my regular unsupervised visits how does that affect my custody order since she had no jurisdiction to change it.


A: David’s Answer: I’m not sure I understand your question, or how it relates to the category you posted this question is (Domestic Violence). That said, if you wish to challenge the jurisdiction of the court on any issue, you generally must file a written motion. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network