Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can judge change an order if no jurisdiction but enforces it?

Q: Judge denied jurisdiction on my out of state order but granted enforcement of visitation of the order so my question is can the judge change the visitation in the order if there is no justification. So let's say they give me supervisor visits and not my regular unsupervised visits how does that affect my custody order since she had no jurisdiction to change it.


A: David's Answer: I'm not sure I understand your question, or how it relates to the category you posted this question is (Domestic Violence). That said, if you wish to challenge the jurisdiction of the court on any issue, you generally must file a written motion. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions