Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I take my exhusband back to court because he is not doing what he is supposed to in the divorce decree as to fixing the hous

Q: I have been divorced for 13 years and my ex husband was supposed to help fix the house. He has not been doing that and i have asked him many times and he just ignores me. The house is in desperate need of repair especially the stairs and the driveway. I have fixed some things and he has not given me his share only gave $1,00.00 which he reluctantly gave for the windows and the bill was 6,700.00.

A: David's Answer: It depends on the wording of your settlement agreement, in conjunction with the Judgment. It would otherwise seem unusual to have an open-ended obligation on his part to repair a house he's no longer in possession of. That said, you're best advised to schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions