Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I move to California with my child even if I'm not married to the biological father?

Q: My son is 6 months old the father and I are having relationship problems also his mother smokes inside the home and I don't want her near him when she smokes.

A: David's Answer: Whether you are married or not, a relocation of a child out-of-state generally requires express permission of the non-custodial parent (which should be reduced to a written Parenting Agreement), or court permission. You are best advised to file a custody petition & include in the petition your request to relocate with the child. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions