High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can i move anywhere in the state without an issue with my child?

Q: I know that moving out of the state with a child is hard. But i was wondering can i move within the state. I am located in the Bronx and would like to be closer to binghamton with family and all? Is this treated like moving out of state?

A: David’s Answer: This may be treated as the equivalent of a relocation. The main issue is whether any proposed move would interfere with the non-custodial parent’s rights of visitation. You’re thus best advised to file a custody petition, making it clear witin the petition your intention to move. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge