Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I go to a preliminary conference without a lawyer?

Q: My spouse filed for Divorce and PC. Can I go to PC representing myself? If I go with a lawyer, how much would it cost? I heard that lawyer charges for the hours waiting at the courtroom if there is any delay from the original scheduled time. With limited financial resource, I am worried I will end up paying 5 hours for a 30 min PC. Please advise.

A: David's Answer: Yes, you can represent yourself, but it isn't advisable (especially if your spouse is represented). While most lawyers do bill for all their time (and not merely the time spent in the courtroom itself), if your conference is in Westchester then it's very unlikely the lawyer will be there for more than 90-120 minutes. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions