Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can i get joint custody of my son if i retire?Can i get a modification in child support with out a change in custody?

Q: I live in new york and have overnight visitation of my 13 year old son. I pay child support and am planing on retiring in a few months.

A: David's Answer: The fact that you would have alot of free time to spend with your child (presumably as opposed to the other parent) would certainly be a factor the Judge would consider, but only 1 factor amongst many. One cannot say that, in itself, would be a basis to switch custody. Moreover, if you voluntarily reduce your income, you would generally not qualify for a reduction in child support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions