High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can i get child support arrears waived in NY?

Q: If the custodial parent agrees and no money is actually owed to NYS (i.e. only to custodial parent), is it possible to get arrears waived (by petition? satisfaction of judgment?) and passport block lifted?

A: David’s Answer:
You can obtain a written consent from the custodial parent. You’d then need to file a petition to adjust arrears (based on the agreement) & have the custodial parent served. S/he must then appear at the court hearing to be allocuted on the waiver. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge