High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can i file an lawsuit against acs?

| Dec 15, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: My case has been open for 5 years straight since my first was born 2012 of January. It started in may of 2012 an docter report me that i missed an serious apointment with my son. So my child was removed and we went on trial but the docter was no where to be found to start the trail. My son was in foster care i did service and they still haven’t gave me my son til he was 1 yrs old then my second child was born 2013 then they gave custody to the father in june of 2013 without me in the home. They remove them and put them back in my custody in july of 2013 due to positive drug screening. I had then until august of 2014 when we had to meet about my housing issue in the shelter so i put them with my grandmother instead of me being there with them. I wanted to get stable then get then back. Now from that time, i placed them there without me living there. I had my 3 rd child in nov 2015 so they put me under supervision watch by my child father til now. So i am getting really fed up with the system they feel that i am not responsible to take them to there appointment due to i missed an appointment with my first. they are talking bout my first and not my other two its very depressing .

A: David’s Answer: It’s hard to say from this in what way you believe ACS has violated your rights. Throughout the course of your case, at any point you had the right to file an appeal of any order you disagreed with. Generally you can only sue if a court determines ACS was wrong in removing your child and/or pursuing a case against you. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Civil Rights attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge