Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I ask for support from a father's spouse in a child support case?

Q: My kids father doesn't pay child support and works off the books. He told me he doesn't have any intentions on giving me any support and will tell the judge that he's on public assistance and works as a handyman( off the books). I recently found out he got married and I wanted to know with that being said, will the judge consider his spouse's income during the case? and am I even able to ask the judge for such a request as he will keep his marital status a secret.

A: David's Answer: The court will not impute income to him from the spouse, unless she's helping to defray some of his expenses. Otherwise, the court can only impute income to him based on his education & work experience. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions