Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Am I responsible to transport my daughter to and from to meet her father? I moved 2 hours away from him.

Q: I moved to NYC from Philly which is about 2hrs away and we agreed to meet halfway every other weekend with no court ordered. He now says that he is not obligated to do so and now wants me to drive 2hrs there and back. Is that something that I should comply with? We have never had a problem before and had been doing this for the past 2 years why change now? I have contact with my daughter daily and keep her for the summer and holiday's.

A: David's Answer: If there are no court orders in place, then everything is by agreement. And if informal agreements are breaking down, then I suggest to file a custody petition in Family Court & allow a Judge to set the terms of the access. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions