High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Why if I am sending child support payments to my ex- wife I have received a summoned tto appear in court

Q: My wife and I agree to a certain amount. And now I received a summon from the court. Don’t also understand the paper work should I contact a lawyer? This is my first time.

A: David’s Answer: Preliminarily, if you received a court summons its highly advisable you consult an attorney. That said, merely because the mother had previously agreed to a certain amount doesn’t mean she can’t ask for more from the courts – or just have it paid thru the courts. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney to schedule a consult.

FindLaw Network