Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Why did Child Support freeze my bank account when my wages are garnished?

Q: Hello,

My wages are garnished and child support services in NY froze my bank account for debt. Child Support entered the wrong number in the beginning and it took out double the amount the first paycheck. An extra $48 was added to the order for retroactive support. Now, my bank is levied for the full amount of the retroactive support. What can I do?

A: David's Answer: If there is a judgment for the arrears, the mere fact that you have a garnishment on your wages does not prevent SCU from executing the judgment against assets. In the same vein, SCU can also suspend licenses despite the fact that there's a garnishment in place. Your best shot may be to go there & ask that they unfreeze the account in exchange for your pledge that you'll use some of the money in the account to pay-off the arrears. Cal a Rockland/Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions