Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What part of doctor bills am I responsible for if order states I am responsible for 100%. but the child has insurance in NY state

Q: Custodial parent is asking for doctor payments before submitting to child's insurance. It seems this dr. is a friend of their family. and they are claiming to they are making cash payments to is dr. But not submitting this through insurance. Support order states I am responsible for 100% medical. Is this before or after insurance. Order doesn't state.

A: David's Answer: Most likely the order states "unreimbursed" medical expenses. This implies that if the expenses get reimbursed, then there is nothing you'd need to pay. Thus, communicate back to the custodial parent & request that she submit the bill to the insurance & to let you know the amount you'll need to pay after they process the claim. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions