High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What don’t need to travel with my child over seas for 3 months?

Q: I’m primary custodial parent one father is recently establishing paternity the other one is trying to get visitation they still haven established nothing yet I want to leave for a vacation to Dominican Republic for 2 or 3 months with my family what can I do?

A: David’s Answer: Whether you’re the “primary custodian” doesn’t matter so much as whether you have an order of sole custody. If you do not, then to get a passport for the child, you’d need the Father’s permission (or a Judge’s permission). Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network