Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What can be done if NCP does not want to return child at designated court ordered time?

Q: The visitation order says Friday after school till Sunday 4pm alternating weekends. NCP has already expressed to me that he will be returning her at 6pm on Sundays instead and I have not agreed to that. The judge said 4pm on the court order. He has already stated that "it is not what I say and that I do not control the situation anymore". It is not right that he is trying to freely go around the court order. It has not happened yet but I want to know that if he does do this freely then what can I do? If the order says 4pm then he should follow what it says until the judge changes it, right? We are meeting at a common meeting place since my address is confidential and I do not want to be waiting around for 1-2 hrs for him to drop her off whenever he feels like it and then for me to take public transportation back home.

A: David's Answer: If the order says 4pm, then any changes must be approved by you or the Judge. Thus, if he violates the order, file a violation petition. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions