High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

No court ordered to pay child support. I have paid all along. child will be 21 I plan on stopping. can ex take me to court?

| Nov 21, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I have what I believe is proof I’ve paid. she never claimed the money I gave her and got caught by section 8. had to repay them..so can she take me to court and claim I’ve never paid her?

A: David’s Answer: No – child support is only retroactive to the date she files a petition for support. As such, if there is no court order of child support, then she could file at any point prior to the child turning 21 – but then would only get court-ordered support until the child turns 21. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network