Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

No court ordered to pay child support. I have paid all along. child will be 21 I plan on stopping. can ex take me to court?

Q: I have what I believe is proof I've paid. she never claimed the money I gave her and got caught by section 8. had to repay can she take me to court and claim I've never paid her?

A: David's Answer: No - child support is only retroactive to the date she files a petition for support. As such, if there is no court order of child support, then she could file at any point prior to the child turning 21 - but then would only get court-ordered support until the child turns 21. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions