Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Married to a woman for 6 years and was divorced. 20 years later I'm retiring. Paper says she entitled to 6 years retirement.

Q: I was married for 6 years, in my divorce papers it states she gets some of my retirement. She owes me over 30,000 in child support. Since she won't sign off her rights for my retirement, how much will she get and also how will that work since she owes me child support. What should I do ? 

A: David's Answer: You're always free to file a contempt action against her to enforce the arrears. Perhaps it's best to file it in Supreme & that way if the arrears she owes you & what she may get from your pension is about the same, the Judge can rule that the two cancel each other out. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions