Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Is child support allowed to take inheritance money?

Q: My father passed away and left me some money and I just want to know if I am pursuing it in vain meaning is the state going to try to take it in order to satisfy a debt owed? 

A: David's Answer:  If you owe child support arrears, and you come into money from any source & deposit it into a bank account, that money can be seized. If the money is given to you via Probate Court, they may even have a mechanism in which they check whether you owe any back support - but that question would need to be posed to a Wills/Trusts attorney. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions