High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I wanna to take a vacation with my kids 3 months the father won’t allow it

Q: My youngest children want to go on vacation with me to Dominican Republic father is refusing to allow it one father is the assumed father and the other just got the affiliation by the judge what can I bring the court to allow my kids to travel with me ? What will I need to bring the judge?

A: David’s answer: You would need to file a petition for sole custody. Once you have an order of sole custody, you no longer need the father’s permission to travel or get a passport. If you’ve already booked the trip, I’d suggest filing it as an order to show cause & request a temporary order of sole custody. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge