Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I wanna to take a vacation with my kids 3 months the father won't allow it

Q: My youngest children want to go on vacation with me to Dominican Republic father is refusing to allow it one father is the assumed father and the other just got the affiliation by the judge what can I bring the court to allow my kids to travel with me ? What will I need to bring the judge?

A: David's answer: You would need to file a petition for sole custody. Once you have an order of sole custody, you no longer need the father's permission to travel or get a passport. If you've already booked the trip, I'd suggest filing it as an order to show cause & request a temporary order of sole custody. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions