Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I have two children with my ex and a new baby with my current wife. Can CS be modified?

Q: I make 100,000. My ex makes 80,000. I pay 1875.00 a month for Child Support. I just had a new baby with my current wife. Does this qualify as a reason for CS modification and if so, will it reduce my current CS payment?

A: David's Answer: A subsequently-born child would generally not provide grounds to modify child support. While in theory this may b considered as a factor in calculating "above-the-cap" support (i.e., above $143,000), I don't see this realistically creating any reduction for you. Moreover, your current wife's finances would need to come into play - including her ability to earn income if she's presently not working. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.                                                                                                                                                                                  

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions