Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How to divorce an inmate if you never lived together after the marriage.

Q: I married my daughter's father in an immigration detention center trying to prevent deportation. He was deported directly from the center and we never lived together. He's currently in jail for another crime. Can the marriage be voided since he was deported and we never lived together? 

A: David's Answer: You could seek an annulment, but only if you reasonably believed (despite him being in detention at the time) that he would be released & the two of you would live together - and that he was culpable in perpetrating a fraud against you on this basis. Otherwise, you may be better off simply getting divorced. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions