High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I get my bridal set (Engagement ring & ring given at wedding) back if we live in different states & are now broken up?

| Nov 21, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: My High School sweetheart reconnected with me over Facebook in April-May 2011. We lived in The Bronx, N.Y when we were in H.S but she has since moved to York, South Carolina, a suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina. It was a long distance friendship that turned into love & we decided to get engaged in 2014. I visited on occasion & during a visit, I purchased my parts of the rings ( engagement & wedding ring- the bridal set). She didn’t have enough for my ring but we had time. It wasn’t a rush. During the past 2 years, I had medical problems as I suffer from sickle cell anemia & My 85 year old grandma has been very sick. She has gotten very impatient like she’s in a desperate rush or something. Another thing is, I’m on disability for my ailment. On July 2, 2016, she decided after almost 2 years that I didn’t love her enough. She claimed that she wasn’t gonna give me the bridal set ( I do have the receipt) & said it was a gift for wasting her time. I really need help & advice on this situation as I feel I spent money I really didn’t have a lot of on love.

A: David’s Answer: You would need to sue her in civil court. If you gave her the ring in So. Carolina, you’d likely need to sue her there.

FindLaw Network