Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do I get my bridal set (Engagement ring & ring given at wedding) back if we live in different states & are now broken up?

Q: My High School sweetheart reconnected with me over Facebook in April-May 2011. We lived in The Bronx, N.Y when we were in H.S but she has since moved to York, South Carolina, a suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina. It was a long distance friendship that turned into love & we decided to get engaged in 2014. I visited on occasion & during a visit, I purchased my parts of the rings ( engagement & wedding ring- the bridal set). She didn't have enough for my ring but we had time. It wasn't a rush. During the past 2 years, I had medical problems as I suffer from sickle cell anemia & My 85 year old grandma has been very sick. She has gotten very impatient like she's in a desperate rush or something. Another thing is, I'm on disability for my ailment. On July 2, 2016, she decided after almost 2 years that I didn't love her enough. She claimed that she wasn't gonna give me the bridal set ( I do have the receipt) & said it was a gift for wasting her time. I really need help & advice on this situation as I feel I spent money I really didn't have a lot of on love.

A: David's Answer: You would need to sue her in civil court. If you gave her the ring in So. Carolina, you'd likely need to sue her there.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions