High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I file documents with the court (Family Court – Westchester, NY) in support of petition filed?

Q:  Looking to see if I can file documents (evidence) in support of a petition for visitation that was filed by a family member (who is also the Plaintiff). Like a memo of law in support of petition filed? Family member has no attorney, can’t afford it and looking for a paralegal to help her at court hearing. She is pro se and elderly (80). Any suggestions would be great.

A:  David’s Answer:  “Paralegals” cannot represent people in court. That said, anyone can provide assistance to a litigant, but s/he must submit any documents or evidence in their own name. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge