Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I file documents with the court (Family Court - Westchester, NY) in support of petition filed?

Q:  Looking to see if I can file documents (evidence) in support of a petition for visitation that was filed by a family member (who is also the Plaintiff). Like a memo of law in support of petition filed? Family member has no attorney, can't afford it and looking for a paralegal to help her at court hearing. She is pro se and elderly (80). Any suggestions would be great.

A:  David's Answer:  "Paralegals" cannot represent people in court. That said, anyone can provide assistance to a litigant, but s/he must submit any documents or evidence in their own name. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  - David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions