High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I bring in my pay stubs instead of tax returns to my first child support hearing?

Q: I have an upcoming child support hearing for which i am the petitioner and I wanted to know if instead of bringing in my w-2 or tax returns as proof of income if Its ok to bring copies of recent pay stubs instead? I know at times when you don’t have certain documents ready, the magistrate would adjourn it to a later date. But I was wondering if they can proceed using my pay stubs only.

A: David’s Answer: Generally, you are required to bring into court all mandated disclosure: tax returns, W-2s, paystubs and a completed financial disclosure affidavit. It is then up to the Magistrate to consider what to base the calculation upon. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge