Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I bring in my pay stubs instead of tax returns to my first child support hearing?

Q: I have an upcoming child support hearing for which i am the petitioner and I wanted to know if instead of bringing in my w-2 or tax returns as proof of income if Its ok to bring copies of recent pay stubs instead? I know at times when you don't have certain documents ready, the magistrate would adjourn it to a later date. But I was wondering if they can proceed using my pay stubs only.

A: David's Answer: Generally, you are required to bring into court all mandated disclosure: tax returns, W-2s, paystubs and a completed financial disclosure affidavit. It is then up to the Magistrate to consider what to base the calculation upon. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions