High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can a person put their self on child support?

Q: We’re married but we’re separated, and I “the father of the children” wants to put myself on child support.

A: David’s Answer: If you want to pay the mother voluntarily, you can figure out what guidelines support is & then set-up a direct bank transfer from you to her. Although there is no basis upon which to file a child support petition against yourself, you can nevertheless file for divorce & then the divorce court would deal with the support issue anyway. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge