Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a former employer be forced by the courts to expedite the distribution of a pension for the purpose of a child support debt?

Q: My childs father is in arrears for child support. Although he was terminated from his job he's still vested and eligible for a pension check. Does the court have the power to force his former employer to start generating a pension check without his permission for the purpose of satisfying a child support debt? Or is there anything I can do on my own to retrieve money from his pension by the way of his job?

A: David's Answer: No - if you were never married to the father (& as part of a divorce were granted a share of his pension), and the pension isn't already in pay-out status, then you can't level a garnishment on it. Only when it is paid out can you possibly enter a garnishment on the account. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions