Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

1) Can a lawyer serve my divorce papers? 2) If not, who can do it without getting me arrested. I used a process server!

Q: I want to desperately divorce my wife. She doesn't want a divorce. We've gotten physical and she has a full Order of Protection. NO contact, stay 250' away, no email, phone, etc. I'm confused!. According to Attys Brosnan and Rothstein, it appears that having her served with divorce papers would subject me to arrest. Brosnan even told me to get an atty to serve her.

A: David's Answer: Under these circumstances, I would only recommend using a licensed process server or Sheriff to serve her with the papers. I'd agree it may be problematic if you arrange for a friend or relative to serve her the papers. That said, attorneys usually do not effect serve. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions