High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I live in NY & pay child support. Cut off for NY is 21. The mother and child moved to CT, where cut off is 18.

| Oct 24, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: Am I responsible to 21 even though they moved to CT which has a cut off age of 18.

A: David’s Answer: Assuming the order was issued in NY, then you would need to keep paying until 21. You’re alternative is to move to Connecticut, as then you may be able to move for modification there. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network