High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What can a father do to give his child’s kinship foster parent guardianship while he is in prison?

| Sep 19, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: The mother of the child has an ACS case for domestic Violence against the father. The child is now 18 months and has been with the foster parent since she was 1 month old. The mother is homeless, has a drug addiction and performs sexual acts for money. Can you help please?

A: David’s Answer: If the foster mother files for guardianship or custody, then the father can either be produced from jail to give his consent to the petition in court, or write the Judge a notarized letter to that effect. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. David Bliven, Bronx Family Law Attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network