Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Family Law Question Regarding My Wife And I. I Also Have A 12 Year Old Son Which She Is Stepmom

Q: Can she kick me and my son out of our house if she doesnt want me there? Are there any laws regarding minors? I have never been violent towards her. Can she get a restraining order and if so what happens to my son?

A: David's Answer: Generally one cannot be removed from a marital residence absent court order. That said, orders of protection cover conduct which may not be "violent" but may be "harassing," etc. Additionally, she may petition the court for an order of exclusive occupancy of the marital residence. You're best advised to schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions