Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What age does a child have to be, to say he/she does not want to visit with other parent in ny. state

Q: at what age can a child say he/she does not want to go on visitation with the non-custodial parent, In ny state

A: David's Answer: There is no bright-line rule, but generally if a child is high-school age, the Judge pretty much goes along with whatever his/her preferences are. That said, one would need to assess many other factors, such as the nature of the agreement, existence of any alienation, age/development of the child, etc., to render a definitive opinion. Schedule a consult with a Putnum/Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions