Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I remarry in a catholic church after I got divorced from my husband after we got married in the city hall in new york

Q: We got a state marriage in new york in city hall about 5 years ago...we separated and got divorced last year..
I have now left the united states, I have met someone else and not sure if I will have a problem if I want to get married in a Catholic Church

A: David's Answer: Most likely won't be a problem. Your (now) ex-husband would have executed a statement of removal of barriers to re-marriage & thus if there's any issue with the Priest, your ex-husband would be obligated to cooperate with the process in getting any barriers to your re-marriage removed. Call a Bronx Prenuptial attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Bronx Prenuptial attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions