Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My daughter refuses to go with her father for many reasons . Is there any way being 14yrs old she can get out of going with him

Q: Shes been refusing to go with him for many yrs she told me shes afraid of him and now my ex is taking me to court for full custody and claiming im alienating her yet i take her on the visits weekly or she wont go.Shes asked me if she can get out of going on the visits bc her schoolwork is so much and she doesnt have the time. Ehat should i do. Shes developed panic attacks from this visitation

A: David's Answer: You would have to go back to Court and file a petition to modify the prior visitation order. Ask for the Judge to be able to speak with the child at an in camera interview. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions