Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Interesting Family Court Scenario - Objection, Remand, Objection

Q: Support Magistrate was reversed on objection by Family Court Judge with proceedings remanded back to magistrate with instructions. Party seeks reargument of the Judge's remand order and is denied. Support Magistrate then issues a revised order which faithfully and correctly implements the Judge's remand instructions. Can a party object to his revised order? My argument is no because the objection to the revised order is effectively the same as the motion for reargument of the Judge's remand order. Party has also appealed the Judge's order if that matters.

A: David's Answer: The answer is yes, an Objection may be filed. Indeed, conceivably the Judge may have "gotten it wrong," but the only way for the aggrieved party to get to the Appellate Court is to first file an Objection (which would most likely go back before the same Family Court Judge). Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions