High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I Withdrew Funds From My Son’s Custodial Acct Marked For College In My Div. Agree. To Survive, When His Dad Was Unemployed.

| Jul 25, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: His dad was unemployed for over 1 year. Now it’s time for him to go to college. There are funds left. I told the Suppt. Magistrate when he went in for the downward & she said “Do what you have to do to survive.” However, there are no transcripts to support this. Did I do something wrong? And if so, what can happen?

A: David’s Answer: If you violated the agreement, then technically your ex can file an enforcement application against you & require that you restore the money (& possibly with interest). That said, he’d also owe you the back support with interest, so it seems like it’d be a wash. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge