Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I Withdrew Funds From My Son's Custodial Acct Marked For College In My Div. Agree. To Survive, When His Dad Was Unemployed.

Q: His dad was unemployed for over 1 year. Now it's time for him to go to college. There are funds left. I told the Suppt. Magistrate when he went in for the downward & she said "Do what you have to do to survive." However, there are no transcripts to support this. Did I do something wrong? And if so, what can happen?

A: David's Answer: If you violated the agreement, then technically your ex can file an enforcement application against you & require that you restore the money (& possibly with interest). That said, he'd also owe you the back support with interest, so it seems like it'd be a wash. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions