Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How Can I Get A Paternity Test For A Child Who Is Not Mine And Where The Mother Refused A Judges Order Previously To Take One?

Q: In 2011, after detailed testimony during a Fact Find Hearing, where the mother testified that she never told the child who her father was, Judge determined that a Paternity test was in the best interest of the child. Judge ordered the mother, child and alleged father to take a Genetic Marker Test. For the next 8 months mother refused to produce the child for the court ordered paternity test. After several hearings, Judge was advised that mother did not produce the child for the test and he did nothing. In November 2012, Judge decided that it was "okay" for mother to come into his court and disrespect him by blatantly disregarding his orders on more than three occasions and rewarded her by giving her what she wanted, NO PATERNITY TEST!

A: David's Answer: If there is nothing stating you are the legal father of the child, you maintain no relationship with the child, she isn't asking for - nor are you paying - child support, and your name isn't on the birth certificate, then you really don't need to do anything if you believe you're NOT the father. You can just walk away from the situation. If you believe you ARE the father & wish to enforce visitation rights, then you can file your own paternity petition & file a contempt motion if the mother disregards a further order. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions